Adam Turoff on Fri, 20 Jun 2003 16:03:18 -0400

Re: Fwd: YAPC::NA::2004 Call for Venue

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 03:48:33PM -0400, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> According to Adam Turoff:
> > ... 300 out of town guests.
>
> Is that "the" number I should quote?  I couldn't find any reference to
> attendee count expectations in Kevin's txt file.

That's the ballpark estimate.  This year was the lowest turnout I can
remember, roughly 200.  The last four years were either cut off at ~300
due to venue capacity, or attracted close to 350 (because the venue
could accomodate everyone).

The other thing I should strongly emphasize from the town hall is that
there's a call to be more European -- more organized, more small
regional events and one large 'continental' event.  So if something
doesn't work out for 300 people with ~1/2 in the dorms next June,
remember there's nothing stopping anyone from organizing a small
"Philly[1] Perl Weekend" that targets 90-120.

Z.

1: Or "Blue Hen Perl Weekend" for that matter.  :-)

-