Walt Mankowski on Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:11:19 -0400

[ziggy@panix.com: Piers Cawley coming through Philly]

I'm still trying to hear back from Ziggy as to exactly when Piers &
co. will be passing through Philly for lunch.  But in the meantime, I
thought I forward this along and see if anyone wanted to recommend any
other favorite lunch places.

Walt

----- Forwarded message from Adam Turoff <ziggy@panix.com> -----

Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:40:29 -0400
From: Adam Turoff <ziggy@panix.com>
To: waltman@pobox.com
Subject: Piers Cawley coming through Philly

Walt,

Piers is staying with us in DC at the moment, and he'll be travelling to
Vermont later this week.  I pursuaded him to stop in Philly for lunch on
his way north, and I *think* the place he'd like most would be the Down
Home Diner.  (Either that or Jim's on South St.)  They're up for almost
anything, and the restaurants I thought of were International Smokeless
Barbequeue, Vietnam, (other random Chinese places), something Cuban,
or something Italian.

I promised Piers and his wife that I'd travel up with them for lunch,
but I'm not 100% sure I'll make it up with them.

Can you announce this and poll for better ideas?

Thanks,

Z.