mjd-perl-pm on Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:51:25 -0400

Off-topic

1. Advertisement: The page on my web site that lists what's new on the
   web site is frequently visited.  I just started an email
   announcement list which will receive one message whenever I add
   something new and significant to my site.  Usually these additions
   are Perl-related.

   For a sampling of what you are likely to receive and how often,
   visit
        http://www.plover.com/~mjd/whatsnew.html

   To subscribe to the list, fill out the form on that page, or
   send a message to

        perl-paraphernalia-subscribe (at) plover.com

2. Whenever I have what seems like a good idea, I put it in a file.
   I've been doing this for about four years, and the file has about
   250 good ideas in it.  Usually I guard these good ideas jealously.
   But it takes time to develop good ideas, and I can't possibly
   develop sevnty five good ideas in a year; I'm lucky to develop ten.
   So I thought I might start letting these out into the big world.

   In the absence of any better ideas for what to do with this file, I
   thought maybe I'd start a mailing list, and each time an
   undeveloped idea had its 4th birthday, I'd send it to the mailing
   list.  Of course, if there's already a mailing list of smart people
   looking for good ideas to develop, I'd rather send them there.  Any
   suggestions?

-