John Gruber on Thu, 26 Jun 2003 22:12:52 -0400

Re: Idea: Crossbreed a source code control system and a wiki

Schuyler D. Erle <schuyler@tridity.org> wrote on 6/26/03 at 9:18p:

> Unless I misunderstood, the only problem I see is that people like to
> write code in a text editor or in an IDE, not in a web browser.

I think that could be overcome with a simple remote editing API,
like the MetaWeblog API for weblog apps. Any text editor used by
developers ought to be sufficiently scriptable to make a few XML-RPC
calls.

--
John Gruber          |              Daring Fireball
jg@fedora.net        |    http://daringfireball.net