Jeff Abrahamson on Sun, 29 Jun 2003 12:50:32 -0400

glade and perl

Anybody here used glade (version 1.4) to generate perl programs with
gui's?

I've gotten it working, but have found little documentation at the
overview level. That is, I know what to call to get things to happen,
but I have the persistent feeling I'm not doing this in the ideal way
at the global level.

The nagging "problems:"

- where is it intended that I put my signal handlers?

- glade using C now prefers that your app read the xml file to
  instantiate its ui rather than generating the explicit C source. I
  don't see the option on the perl side. I'm not clear why it's better
  to have my app depend on auxiliary files, but it's certainly more
  modular.

Thanks.

--
 Jeff