Walt Mankowski on Wed, 16 Jul 2003 00:10:25 -0400

Re: Mailing list archives?

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 03:27:01PM -0700, Robert Spier wrote:
> I object!  It's sort of nice to sort of know that google hasn't yet
> indexed every part of my life.

I generally go under the assumption that anything I post to a public
mailing list is going to end up on my "permanent record" sooner or
later.  :)

I don't personally worry too much about spam harvesting, either.  I
mean, my address is already on the group home page (phl.pm.org) and in
enough other places that it's hard to see how this would have much of
an effect on my daily spam volume.

So add my vote to the "pro archive" bucket.

Walt