Walt Mankowski on Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:03:53 -0400

Re: Where are the perl folks?

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 05:43:39PM -0400, Eric J. Roode wrote:
> I posted an article to comp.lang.perl.announce a couple weeks ago.  I
> received a prompt reply, apparently by Randal Schwartz, indicating
> that the article was accepted and posted.  However, it never showed up
> on the newsgroup (according to my ISP's newsfeed and Google), so I
> sent a reply to the acceptance email, asking the status, and never
> heard anything back.  Also, I haven't seen anything at all come
> through c.l.p.a for two or three weeks.

My newsfeed shows a post by you on clpa on June 14 with the subject
"ANNOUNCE: Time::Format 0.04".  That's the last message I've received
in that group.  Its message id is "1o1sr-m7h.ln1@red.stonehenge.com".

It's also up on google at
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_epq=1o1sr%20m7h%20ln1%20red%20stonehenge%20com&safe=images&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&as_umsgid=1o1sr-m7h.ln1%40red.stonehenge.com&lr=&hl=en

Is that the message you're talking about?

> I requested a CPAN namespace at pause.perl.org a week or two ago, and
> have heard nothing.  Someone else posted to modules@perl.org,
> inquiring about the status of their namespace request which has also
> been unanswered.  A quick scan of the modules@perl.org archive shows
> that nothing but automated messages (and spam) have been posted for at
> least two weeks.
>
> I have some mods to the perl debugger that I'd like to contribute.  So
> I want to re-join perl5-porters.  I went to dev.perl.org and followed
> the instructions (send a blank email to thus-and-such address).  I did
> so (twice!), and got neither confirmation nor rejection.  Nor have I
> received any emails, and I suspect that traffic on p5p is not zero.

Nope, still plenty of traffic on p5p.  I just received a message a
minute ago. :)

> Is something amiss in the Perl world?

Well, there was OSCON last week, so perhaps many of the people who
normally administer such things were distracted.

Walt