Mike Cramer on 10 Oct 2003 16:11:57 -0000

Perl source filter question

I'm looking for something along the lines of a perl source filter that will take a source file -- cgi script, perl module, whatever -- and without actually *running* the program, will list all of the functions called. A script like this:

####
use CGI;

my $q = new CGI;
print $q->header("text/plain");
print qq|this is a test\n|;
sleep(30) if (1==2);
####

would result in something like this:

####
use
my
CGI::new
print
CGI::header
print
sleep
####

Obviously, whether "sleep" is printed would depend on how it deals with code that might be optimized away. Devel::DProf seems to work by actually running the program, which is not what I want. B::Deparse seems even closer, but its output would still require significant parsing.

Any hints?

--
Mike Cramer
http://www.webkist.com/ | AIM: MikeWebkist