Mark Dominus on Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:27:41 -0400

Log analysis tutorial in DC

Sweth Chandramouli is giving a practice session of his upcoming
tutorial on log analysis in Washington tomorrow from 1-5 PM.  I will
be driving down for the tutorial and back afterwards.  If you would
like to come with me, drop me a note.

From: Sweth Chandramouli <dcpm@lists.sweth.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:04:19 -0400
To: DC Perlmongers <dc@lists.pm.org>
Subject: OT: Loganalysis tutorial sometime in Sept. in DC

On Tuesday, 26 August 2003 at 14:46:22 EDT,
   Mark Dominus (Mark Dominus <mjd-list-dcpm@plover.com>) wrote:
> This year I wrote three new tutorial classes for conferences, but I
> only gave two of them in practice sessions at Penn in the spring.

I'm actually going to be giving a talk at LISA this year as well
(on opposite MJD's regex talk, unfortunately) that I also need to give
a dry-run of to check on the length, etc.  My session (details at
<http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa03/tutorials/tutsun.html#s9>) is
on log data analysis, and while almost all of my own log analysis is
done using Perl, the talk is intentionally not at all Perl-specific,
so I was originally going to use dc.sage for guinea pigs rather than
dc.pm; it appears that that group has discontinued their meetings,
however, so I now have to find a new location and test audience.

[Logistical details omitted -MJD]

-- Sweth.

--
Sweth Chandramouli      Idiopathic Systems Consulting
svc@idiopathic.net      http://www.idiopathic.net/

-