Wismer, James on 11 Nov 2003 09:55:29 -0500

RE: December Tech Meeting -- Implementing Oracle Stored Procedure s in Perl with extproc_perl 2.0

Walt;

Internet access is available in the conference room.  Does Jeff need it for
the talk?  We may need to login to the network under my ID.  I assume he has
an Ethernet card on his laptop.

I'll confirm prior to the meeting.

Thanks.
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Walt Mankowski [mailto:waltman@pobox.com]
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 9:49 PM
To: phl@lists.pm.org
Subject: December Tech Meeting -- Implementing Oracle Stored Procedures in
Perl with extproc_perl 2.0

Our next tech meeting will be on Monday, December 9.  Jeff Horwitz
will be talking about writing Oracle stored procedures in Perl.
Here's his description:

> Implementing Oracle Stored Procedures in Perl with extproc_perl 2.0
>
> extproc_perl allows you to write Oracle stored procedures in Perl
> rather than PL/SQL or Java.  An embedded Perl interpreter allows for
> tight integration with the database, including persistence and
> native database callbacks via DBI.  This talk will focus on the
> architecture of extproc_perl 2.0, its usage and limitations, and
> practical applications.

Jeff also asks if there's internet access in the ISI conference room.
I know there used to be, but I don't remember if there still is after
they redid things a few months ago.

We should also try to do a social meeting sometime this month.  Is
anyone feeling decisive?

Walt