mjd-perl-pm on 31 Dec 2003 17:04:06 -0000

Web client programming job

I've been asked to try to locate a programmer to do the following
work, which will probably involve programming with LWP, and some
associated screen-scraping.  If you're interested, please contact me;
if you know anyone who might be interested, please pass this along.

   Project Description:

   The Perl programmer will need to write routines that would provide the
   following functionality:

   - Extract bank account data from two different banks from
     authenticated accounts for the client (balances on mulitple
     accounts and transaction history)

   The account information is provided through the internet from the
   banks websites.  The Perl program would need to go to the
   appropriate webpage, log-on, go to the account detail webpage,
   extract the data for specific accounts and copy the data back to a
   relational database (most likely Access or SQL Server).  The scope
   of data initially is approximately 10 separate log-ons, each
   containing approximately 4 bank accounts (40 bank accounts across
   two banking providers).  The client intends to grow their business
   which would mean we would want to plan for additional accounts.
   Our company will develop the database and all related functionality
   once the data is extracted and transferred.  The Perl programmer
   will handle only the pieces described above.

   Having worked on applications related to banking and financial data
   is a big plus.  Sub-contract relationship only, requirement to sign
   a non-compete agreement.

If you're interested, please contact me:

        Mark Dominus
        mjd@plover.com

I've worked with these folks before, and I think highly of them.

-