Mike Taylor on 31 Dec 2003 22:46:18 -0000

RE: Web client programming job

This sounds like a bank deposit/drop reconcilation task and if so my
first question to them would be if they have looked into using the banks
export file for this instead of screen-scraping.  All of the banks that
my customers use have that info in a parsable format (it may just take
some searching to find the right rep.)  The programs I've written in the
past allow the accounting person to load in the data and reconcile it
against GL entries (summary or detail) to find the managers who are not
doing it properly :)

If not then pardon the interruption :)

Bear

p.s. let me know if you have trouble finding someone, while I'm very
familiar with this kind of coding I'm not a perl guru so I'm hesitant to
offer my services.

Of

<URL:http://www.panix.com>**

-