Phil Lawrence on 5 Aug 2004 14:37:26 -0000

Re: nomenclature

Gay, Jerry wrote:

well, since this reminds me of everybody's favorite bastardized data
structure, the pseudohash, perhaps that's good for a name. the pseudohash
has finally been deprecated in perl (after loads of moaning and groaning,)
and f_depseudohashify will probably remind you to deprecate your function as
soon as possible, as well.

Oh! I forgot about pseudohashes. Probably because I never used them... That's a good idea, because there's precedent for the name. Who named Perl's pseudohash functionality? I'd like to ask them if they can describe the naming choice, and any relevant etymology/lore.

Phil
-