Barry Dancis on 28 Feb 2005 16:46:55 -0000

Re: A King of Prussia job where Perl is first on the list

Hi Geoff--

Thanks for the heads up. It sounds like a great match for my interests, skills and experience. Is this for your group? Is Roslyn Nilson the hiring manager? I spoke with her over the phone for about an hour last week. The interview seemed to go well but she has not gotten back to me or my recruiter (Neetu Jindal at TAC Worldwide) since then. If you could put in a good word for me or get me some feedback, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Barry

215-885-5187

----- Original Message ----- From: "R. Geoffrey Avery" <rGeoffrey@PlatypiVentures.com>
To: <phl@lists.pm.org>
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 11:21 AM
Subject: A King of Prussia job where Perl is first on the list

After many moons of not hiring anyone, GlaxoSmithKline Bioinformatics is looking for a Perl person in King of Prussia. It is for a contracting position of not more than 18 months. The description is below. Please send me an email if you are interested or have any questions.

- Geoff

Bioinformatics team needs mature, seasoned Web Engineer to utilize Perl, Web development, SQL and Oracle skills to manipulate and display data in a fast-paced R&D environment. Candidate must be comfortable in a Life Science (R&D) workplace, and must have demonstrated experience with rigorous web development, data management and high-throughput computation management. This position will involve traditional front-end development, candidates should possess Web development experience, as well as experience building APIs. ETL experience taking flat-file data from a variety of sources and loading into Oracle in a distributed computing setting is preferred. Data modeling experience is preferred. Background with Genomics, BioInformatics, Pharma R&D or some hard science is a plus. Needs to be a self starter with excellent communications skills capable of working solo or with a team. REQUIRED:Perl,Web Development,SQL,Oracle,PL/SQL,UNIX. DESIRED: LSF, Scientific Background

-

-