Pete Renshaw on 25 Mar 2005 19:26:43 -0000

slash site

Hello all

I am starting to work on some new sites using slashcode.  I just got things
running yesterday.  Slackware database server with a dragonflybsd web
server.  Connecting to a remote database was new for me so I was real happy
that things worked.  I am planning on studying everything involved very
closely, so I'll be dusting off my 100 perl books just in case I have to make
adjustments or just understand what's going on.

Also I'll be looking into setting up an "im" server with a perl front end,
maybe jwchat or something else.  jwchat is real small and I think people like
that.  If anybody has any suggestions, I would be happy to hear.

The one site will be for music in general and live bands in the tri state
area.  I very much enjoy seeing live bands, but they keep getting replaced
with DJ's and dance music.  I think I may be able to at least keep things
from getting worse if not better.  I'll do mp3 streaming for bands I know.
I'll find out the hard way what my line can handle.

If anybody has any clubs or new bands you want me to make links too.  Please
email me.  I'll make a link page to check them out weekly or maybe somebody
wants to be an author.  It will take me a good six months to get things in
order.

The other sites will be about choppers(bikes), vw beatles/sand baja and hot
rods.

Pete

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:19:00 -0500, Walt Mankowski wrote

-