Walt Mankowski on 16 Jun 2005 13:25:43 -0000

Reminder: YAPC practice talks TONIGHT, 7 pm

Just a reminder that we'll be having a technical meeting tonight to
practice the talks that Geoff Young and I will be giving at YAPC in a
few weeks.  Please note that this is a change from the original date.

The title of my talk is "Using Graph Theory to Detect Security Policy
Violators".  Geoff will be doing one of this two talks, either
"Writing Tests with Apache-Test, Part II" or A Few Cool Things About
mod_perl 2.0".  Also Geoff Avery will be trying out his new improved
YAPC auction software.

Oh, and I have a free review book from our friends at O'Reilly to give
away.  It's "The Linux Enterprise Cluster: Build a highly available
cluster with commodity hardware and free software".  Flipping through
it there doesn't seem to be a tremendous amount of Perl in it, but
perhaps we can put it up on the auction block tonight.

Since we haven't had a technical meeting for a while, I'll remind
everyone that the meeting will start at 7 PM at Thomson Scientific
(formerly ISI) at 3501 Market St.  You'll need to sign in at the front
desk, then head up to the conference room right outside the elevators
on the second floor.  The meetings generally last until around 8:30 or
9, and afterwards we'll head out somewhere for dinner, most likely
Cavanaugh's at 39th and Sansom.

See you tonight!

Walt