james.wismer on 7 Sep 2005 14:52:57 -0000

RE: Dave Wheeler wants to give a talk next week

I vote for Tuesday and the talk on OO databases.

Thanks.
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-phl@lists.pm.org [mailto:owner-phl@lists.pm.org] On Behalf
Of Walt Mankowski
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 4:45 PM
To: phl@lists.pm.org
Subject: Dave Wheeler wants to give a talk next week

Dave Wheeler will be passing through Philadelphia, and has offered to
do a talk for us.  He can either talk about Bricolage[1] or object
oriented databases[2].  He says he can do either Monday or Tuesday.
One issue with Monday is that the Eagles are on Monday Night Football,
and that might make our apres-talk dinner more crowded and noisy than
we'd like.

If you have any preferences for the subject and/or the day, please
post them to the list.  I'd like to reach a consensus quickly so Dave
can make plans.

Oh, and I'll have some more free books from Marsee to give out at the
meeting.

Walt

1. http://www.kineticode.com/bricolage/about/
2. http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2005/view/e_sess/6556