R. Geoffrey Avery on 26 Jul 2006 03:41:42 -0000

Re: Thursday July 27: Field trip to Camden River Sharks and discuss a bid for YAPC::Philadelphia 2007

I have found someone to give us a tour between 5:30 and 6:00 pm on Thursday. If anyone can make it please let me know and we will try to meet a little before 5:30 at a place to be announced later.

In other news the big theater holds more than 600 and will cost $600/day. It looks like we have to rent for whole days so the double half day option is not good. Also the end of June is booked and he recommended three choices...

Mon July 9 - Wed July 11
Mon July 16 - Wed July 18
Sat June 30 - Tue July 3

We need to think about if we can hold it in July. But one possibility is that get original and take the July 1-3 option and encourage people to bring their families to make a holiday of the trip. The unique thing that will separated us from Boston, Vancouver, and Houston is we can plan our YAPC around a cultural event for the whole family or just the monger on holiday (http://www.americasbirthday.com/). It worked for Munich when they ended the conference the day before Oktoberfest.

- Geoff

At 03:44 PM 7/24/2006, Walt Mankowski wrote:
On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 03:38:35PM -0400, Hans Dieter Pearcey wrote:
> I'd be up for both the tour and the game.

I'd be up for both, too.  I'll also have some new review books from
O'Reilly to give out!

What time do you want to meet for the tour?

Walt

-