Walt Mankowski on 19 Aug 2006 15:24:26 -0000

Fwd: [pm_groups] Perl Mongers shirt payment cut off: August 31

----- Forwarded message from Jay Hannah <jay@jays.net> -----

Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 09:07:49 -0500
From: Jay Hannah <jay@jays.net>
To: shirts@jays.net, pm_groups@pm.org
Subject: [pm_groups] Perl Mongers shirt payment cut off: August 31

Greetings --

Everything seems to be moving along nicely!

http://omaha.pm.org/shirts.shtml

As you can see at the bottom of the invoices.txt report

   GRAND TOTALS
       Price            $  2688.25
       Shipping est.    $   424.60
       PayPal est.      $    98.67
       Total paid       $ -1291.41
       Total due        $  1920.11

      (PayPal actual    $    36.30)

I have received $1,291 USD in payments so far. I need another $1,920 to place the order at this size. I have a couple groups with physical checks in the mail to my house, which is fine.

To be fair to the people that have already paid, I need to set a hard cut off date for all payments. (I can't just sit on their money for months.)

So, here it is:
On August 31 any groups that have not paid will be removed from the order.

Aug. 31 is two weeks after my first email requesting payment. That seems like a fair place to draw the line. I know everyone is busy. If I can place the full order sooner than that I will, but I'm only willing to gamble so much money out of my own pocket. :)

As you may have noticed I'm throwing ALL the data I have into the XML file. Every PayPal fee,   estimated and actual. Once I get the big bill I'll throw every shipping fee, estimated and actual, into the file too. We'll see how good my estimates are (aren't).

What fun! Thanks, everyone, for fulfilling my lifetime dream of being an international t-shirt business tycoon! :)

http://omaha.pm.org/shirts.shtml

--
Request pm.org Technical Support via support@pm.org