Craig Pearlman on 26 Aug 2006 12:54:19 -0000

Re: close open cursors with DBI

--- "William G. Zappasodi" <bz@crestecdigital.com> wrote:
>     Is there a way to close open cursors in Oracle (9i) using DBI.
> Or, does finish() take care of that?

Depends what you mean.

The implicit cursor off a statement handle is normally handled by finish(),
yes.

A cursor in a PL/SQL block run through DBI would need to be closed in the
PL/SQL block.

A curor returned via the RSET ability of DBD::Oracle can be closed; there's a
method to do this in the DBD::Oracle pod (similar to the other example
posted).

If it's something else, I think we'lll need more detail...

-Craig.

craig@blackfog.net                   cpearlma@yahoo.com
http://craig.blackfog.net            http://www.openroleplaying.org