Barry Dancis on 23 Mar 2007 04:27:52 -0000

[Fwd: Perl Scripter/Developer Job Opportunity 07-00452]

fyi

Barry

Hi,

My name is  Marlene George and I am a senior technical recruiter with Software Guidance & Assistance (SGA). I came across your profile and wanted to let you know about an opportunity we have that I thought you might be interested in. I have attached the description below. If you are interested or know anyone that might be we pay referral fees. Please send me an updated WORD copy of your resume only if you are interested in this position.

Perl Scripter/developer
FULL-TIME
SGAs major financial services client, located in Westchester County NY, has an immediate permanent hire opportunity for an experienced Perl scripter to fill a hybrid operations/developer role. The role involves taking over ownership of a solid and reliable global electronic trading platform, acting as a bridge between the Application Support Group and the development team, and building performance measurement tools to be used to drive business decisions. We are looking for someone who is motivated to constantly improve and evolve the system, and who is creative and flexible in their approach to bringing about these improvements. A clear and concise communication style is essential as the role involves daily interaction with the traders, as well as with a large number of different back office, technology and support teams. The role requires experience with Perl scripting, Java and Sybase. You should have proven experience running real-time production systems. Prior ION experience (platform management) is preferred but not essential.

Regards,
Marlene George
Software Guidance & Assistance
Sr. Technical Recruiter