Malcolm on 10 Jul 2007 19:08:52 -0000

Re: technical meeting?

> On Sun, 1 Jul 2007, Geoffrey Young wrote:
> > Walt Mankowski wrote:

Another vote for interested (Mason and DateTime user here :-))

> > separately, I've recently been doing lots of profiling foo at work,
> > which I worked into an internal presentation on profiling the code that
> > runs ticketmaster.com.  I've been thinking of working this up into a
> > more generic talk on profiling "a large mod_perl application" using
> > Devel::Profiler and some related tools.

> > any interest in hearing about this kind of stuff?  if you don't use
> > mod_perl it probably be half-interesting: the setup is mod_perl related,
> > the patterns are web-centric, but the base profiling techniques are
> > universal to most of perl.

I'd definitely be interested in that. I never could get Devel::Profiler to
work on the mod_perl system at work. I always got mangled profiles (with
dprofpp giving "Garbled profile, missing an enter time stamp" errors).

I don't suppose there's any way to not have it in the city center? (Being out
in Bucks county, it can be a pain to get into the city in the evening).
-