Jeff Horwitz on 1 Jul 2007 20:10:55 -0000

Re: technical meeting?

i've been doing quite a bit of mod_perl profiling lately, so i'd be interested.

-jeff

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007, Geoffrey Young wrote:

Walt Mankowski wrote:
On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 10:22:53PM -0400, Hans Dieter Pearcey wrote:
This August, Dave Rolsky is going to be in town (Aug 3-15).  You may
know him from such modules as HTML::Mason, Alzabo, Params::Validate,
and DateTime.  He's offered to come and give a talk if anyone's
interested.

separately, I've recently been doing lots of profiling foo at work, which I worked into an internal presentation on profiling the code that runs ticketmaster.com. I've been thinking of working this up into a more generic talk on profiling "a large mod_perl application" using Devel::Profiler and some related tools.

any interest in hearing about this kind of stuff?  if you don't use
mod_perl it probably be half-interesting: the setup is mod_perl related,
the patterns are web-centric, but the base profiling techniques are
universal to most of perl.

if there's interest, I could aim for september/october or somesuch.

--Geoff
-

-