Walt Mankowski on 21 Mar 2008 14:16:49 -0700

Re: Social meeting with brian d foy next week

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 03:22:38PM -0500, Jim Keenan wrote:
> Although I won't be able to come to Philadelphia for this, I'd like
> to put in a plug for Brigid's, the place where we had the MJD book
> party three years ago.  It's become my regular place to eat when I'm
> in Phila.  It's probably about 10-min by cab from U Penn or 5-min
> from 30th St Station.  I go back for the food, but it has great beer
> as well.

I love Brigid's, but last time I was there, in the fall, I had a bad
experience.  They were out of beer in their gravity engine (which was
the main reason I'd wanted to go there) as well as a bunch of their
other beers as well.  It took the waitress 4 or 5 trips up and down
the stairs before I managed to order a beer they actually had in
stock.  Maybe I just caught them on a bad day.  The food was still
fantastic.

Walt