Lawrence Miller on 4 Apr 2008 20:02:33 -0700

bulk email?

Hi, folks.

So, I'm writing a tool to send email reminders to a dynamic list of recipients (employees in this case). Previously, I've just forked off a Mail::Sendmail process for each outgoing email, but in this case, it's likely there will be some days that perhaps 3 or 4 thousand emails will go out (don't worry, it's not spam), and I'm afraid that a) if I don't fork off the processes, it'll take 87 years to finish, and if I do, I suspect it will put too much load on the server.

Is there a preferred module or technique for this sort of thing?  Cheers.

--
Lawrence D.P. Miller
ldpm@lawrencemiller.org