Walt Mankowski on 29 Apr 2009 10:40:17 -0700

[cogurov@gmail.com: [Conferences] YAPC::EU::2009 Call for Presentations]

Sorry I'm a little late in forwarding this, but better late than
never.  There's still one more day if you want to submit a talk
proposal.

Walt

----- Forwarded message from José Castro <cogurov@gmail.com> -----

Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 08:21:41 +0100
From: José Castro <cogurov@gmail.com>
To: Discussion about YAPC conferences <conferences@yapceurope.org>
Subject: [Conferences] YAPC::EU::2009 Call for Presentations

YAPC::EU::2009, the 10th edition of the largest European Perl conference,
will be held in Lisbon, Portugal, from the 3rd to the 5th of August, 2009.

This is the official Call for Presentations and here are the important
deadlines:

 - Deadline for talk proposals: April 30th 2009
 - Speaker notification: May 7th 2009

This year's theme for the conference is Corporate Perl.

Here's what we're looking for:

 - We're looking for talks on how corporate companies use Perl and why;

 - We're looking for talks to fit our beginner's track (if you want to
submit one and don't know what about, reach us at
organizers@yapceurope2009.org and we'll share with you our preliminary draft
of an expected beginner's track);

 - And, as usual, there is also enough room for talks that don't fit any of
those groups, so we'll be looking for and expecting dozens of proposal on
everything that is Perl related.

We'll be offering two kinds of time-slots for talks:

 - 20 minutes

 - 40 minutes

If you really need a different time-slot, get in touch with us and we'll see
what we can do.

Speakers may submit multiple talks. All speakers will have their
registration fee waived.

 - To submit a talk, go to http://yapceurope2009.org/ye2009/newtalk

 - If you don't have a user yet, please register at
http://yapceurope2009.org/ye2009/register

For any inquiry, contact us at organizers@yapceurope2009.org, and don't
forget to submit your proposals no later than midnight GMT on April 30th,
2009.

--
José Castro
<http://jose-castro.org/>