Chris Nehren on 1 Feb 2011 13:31:09 -0800

Announcing the return of tech meetings!

Thanks to the awesome efforts of Darian Patrick and the folks at Penn,
we now have a space for technical meetings again! We'll be meeting at
Levine Hall every first Monday from 1900-2100. As this month's meeting
is relatively short notice (and happening as the winter abyss opens its
mouth), we'll be focusing on lightning talks, showing off cool things
we're doing in Perl recently, and planning future tech meetings.

The meetings will be at Levine Hall, room 307: http://goo.gl/maps/ILps
from 1900-2100. Our gracious hosts require an RSVP from everyone
attending due to reasonable security concerns, so please get back to me
if you plan on attending.

In future, our meeting format will be similar to that of PLUG: an hour
of general discussion from 1900-2000 and then a speaker (or speakers!)
from 2000-2100. Presumably afterwards there will be food and drinks at
a local establishment; if no one has suggestions I'll find a place. If
you have an idea for a talk, or a series of themed lightning talks, or
anything else you'd like to see at our meetings, please get in touch!

As we're just getting started again, the meeting format will possibly
evolve away from what I've described above. Beyond that, I do hope to
hold hackathons and similar activities in the future to put phl.pm on
the map and grow our membership. In any case, I will announce any
changes to the list and to our twitter account (@philapm).

Looking forward to seeing all of you Monday!

--
Thanks and best regards,
Chris Nehren