Gabor Szabo on 21 Mar 2011 02:58:22 -0700

[Philadelphia-pm] FOSSCON July 23rd in Philadelphia

Hi

this year FOSSCON will take place on July 23rd in Philadelphia.
http://fosscon.org/

The Call for paper is out and there is also an possibility
to setup a booth for exhibitors. The dead-line for both of
these is June 24th.

I am sure you have read a lot about my quest to get
Perl Mongers participate on as many tech-events as possible.
Giving talks and setting up a booth to talk about Perl.
This was very successful a FOSDEM in Brussels with a lot
of positive feedbacks.

I am sure this can be a good opportunity to reach out to more
developers who either have no or have misinformation about Perl.

This can also be an opportunity to energize the local Perl users
to participate in the Perl Mongers mailing list.

So go ahead submit a talk proposal and think about setting up
a booth.

I added a page about FOSSCON to the TPF wiki:
https://www.socialtext.net/perl5/events_2011_fosscon

regards
   Gabor
ps, If you don't have an account there I can send you an invitation

--
Gabor Szabo                     http://szabgab.com/
Perl Ecosystem Group       http://perl-ecosystem.org/