Syeed Ali via plug on 6 Apr 2024 21:34:18 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Pop OS on HP Laptop 14-dq0712ds

On Sat, 6 Apr 2024 23:45:58 -0400
Steven Grunza via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> Now I'm trying Ubuntu.  So far, it's installed but incredibly slow.
> I have an external 512GB USB drive for /usr and the rest is on the
> 64GB eMMC internal.  System memory is only 4GB.  I am trying to find
> out if the internal memory (RAM and storage) can be increased but
> haven't gotten reliable info on that yet.
>
> Has anyone had success using linux on a low-end laptop using the
> RTL8821CE wireless card?

I can't speak for that card, but I've had great success running
Lubuntu.  It's derived from Ubuntu and meant to be light.  I have it
running on a simple netbook with 4GB RAM and even as a liveUSB (not
installed) and it's great.