Chuck Peters on Thu, 25 Sep 1997 21:34:42 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] PLUG Meeting OCT 1

                           The Philadelphia Area

                             Linux Users Group

   WHERE: Cyberloft Cafe, 1525 Walnut Street, 2nd floor
   http://www.cyberloft.com 215-564-4380.

   WHEN: Wednesday, Oct 1, 1997, 7-9PM COST: NONE

				INSTALLING DOSEMU
				       on
			  Caldera OpenLinux Lite Vs 1.1
				       by
				 David E. Edwards
			    (dedwards@technologist.com)
				 September, 1997

1) Why Dosemu under Linux?
   Some of my own personal requirements for implementing DOSEMU under
Linux. Specifically identifying a couple of applications I need to get
working.

2) Preliminaries.
   Here I will comment on the things I did to start this little project,
including locating and reading the documentation.
Deciding on the functionality I want - printing; modem use, and CDRom
access.

3) Preparation.
   In here, I will briefly identify the tasks I performed to prepare for
installation.  I will line item comment on all of the critical functions
performed.

4) Implementation.
   In here, I will chronicle my initial implementation of DOSEMU;
Including any and all problems and solutions.  IF I still have problems,
I will use them as questions to the the group.

5) Testing.
   Once I have a working(!!) DOSEMU session, I will test a couple of the
applications I have to use. And will comment on the success or failure
of the executions.

6) Comments.
   My own personal comments on the implementation and use of DOSEMU.

Thanks.

Dave E.

   PLUG, Philadelphia Linux User's Group meets on the first Wednesday of
   each month.

   Many thanks to Mostafa Eldefrawy (mostafa@netaxs.com) for providing
   the space and for staying open an hour later than usual once per month
   for us!

Look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks,
Chuck Peters