Wes Powers on Tue, 25 Nov 1997 16:09:39 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] DOSEMU problem

I just installed Linux on an old 386 machine at work. I copied my
dosemu binary from my home machine, where it works well. But on
this new machine, it doesn't read the filenames on the /dos partition.
It lists all files as "hash entries" like ~B3 ~F6 and so on. I can access
the files by the right names with the DEL or REN commands -- "DEL FOO" or
"REN FOO BAR" work fine, but the "DIR" is completely messed up, and
I can't run any programs.

The /dos partition works OK from Linux. The mount options I used are
identical to my home machine. The virtual C: drive works fine. The
dosemu.conf file is identical to my home machine, except for a couple
of hardware parameters not affecting the disk.

Anyone know what's going on?

Wes