Darxus on Thu, 3 Dec 1998 21:17:55 -0500 (EST)

Re: putting [plug] at the beginning of subjects in this list

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, David L. Martin wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Darxus wrote:
> > Can it be done ?  It is very helpful to some of us.... if you tell me what
> > kind of mailing list management software you're running, I might be able
> > to find out how to do it for you.
>
> What is the benefit, there is plenty in the mail header to lock onto for
> filtering.

My procmail stuff is currently redirecting 25 different mailing lists
into their own folders.  Some lists, particularly less active ones, I
sometimes like to leave directed to my inbox.  In that situation, and for
those who have not yet seen the ways of procmail, it is convienient.

It should also be easy to set up.  I know it's easy under majordomo, and I
figured out how to do it on the lists I used to maintain with the slist
MLM.
***PGP fingerprint = D5 EB F8 E7 64 55 CF 91  C2 4F E0 4D 18 B6 7C 27***
                           You do not exist.