Igor Grobman on Thu, 3 Dec 1998 21:41:19 -0500 (EST)

Re: putting [plug] at the beginning of subjects in this list

Some time around  Thu, 03 Dec 1998 19:40:49 EST,
         Darxus wrote:

 > Can it be done ?  It is very helpful to some of us.... if you tell me what
 > kind of mailing list management software you're running, I might be able
 > to find out how to do it for you.

Of course, it can be done.  I just don't happen to like the idea.  I
understand how this is important in some general mailing lists where
the subscribers are not all competent computer users, and can't
quite set up the sorting.  This is a linux list, if you don't know how to
use procmail, we'll be glad to help ;-).  If you want to leave it unsorted
in your inbox, then you are asking it to be unsorted in any way, IMO.

The main objection against having that type of feature is that it makes it
harder to browse messages by subject (subjects usually get truncated after
so many characters).  Anyway, I don't really care either way.  If too
many people want it, I can make it work.

BTW, it appears that subscribe/unsubscribe procedure and a few other things are
not set up the way I meant to set it up ;-), I'll fix the configuration
this weekend, and see that all the people who wanted to unsubscribe do get
removed.

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@igoria.net