Kyle Burton on Fri, 4 Dec 1998 09:26:09 -0500 (EST)

Netware and Linux

I've been using my redhat 5.2 box here at work to successfuly connect
to the Netware 3.1x file servers for file sharing, and I've even had
good success with printing to netware print queues.

Our Netware Sysadmin has passwords on the netware box set to expire every
45 days.  There is a utility that comes with rh 5.2 that is supposed to
allow you to change your password (I'm not sure if it's targeted at 3.1x
or 4.x servers), on the netware server.

I've tried using this tool, but have never been able to get it to change
my password.

Has anyone used much in the way Linux->Netware connectivity?  Specificly,
does anyone have any leads as to the issue I've described?

thanks in advance....

Mortis [Kyle R. Burton]

(I was the guy in the blue shirt that wrote the perl code, in case anyone
was wondering -- wed was my first PLUG meeting...hope to see everyone at
the next one.)

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then
we are a sorry lot indeed."
    -- Albert Einstein
mortis@voicenet.com                              http://www.voicenet.com/~mortis