Kyle Burton on Fri, 4 Dec 1998 11:28:19 -0500 (EST)

Re: Netware and Linux

>     What's the tool called?  The last time I checked, there was no password
> changing tool for Linux.

nwpasswd

>     I print to NetWare print queues all the time.  I have two suggestions
> that work for me:
>
>     1. Log into the print queue as `GUEST' with no password.  If this
>        doesn't work, ask your net admin to set up guest access to the
>        queue.
>
>     2. Get your net admin to give you an infinite expiration date on
>        your password.
>
>     I usually advocate more technology-based solutions, but I'm hoping
> that these stopgaps will last me until NetWare dies . . . .

I'd thought of #2, but our Netware Admin is already caustic about the
fact that his baby's are going away -- I'm not sure that I can get him
to let me have a non-expiring password.

I'll try out #1, but I doubt he'd set it up if it's not there already.

Thanks for the info, any other information from anyone else would be
appriciated.

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips
over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
    -- Matt Groening