Dave Moylan on Wed, 9 Dec 1998 23:20:29 -0500 (EST)

PPP Connections

Hi.  I'm new to the list and already I'm looking for some help.
I'm having trouble connecting to my ISP while running linux.
I've poored over the PPP-Howto, and PPP Faq and still can't
seem to get it to work.  PPP is compiled into the kernel.  And
is started when the system boots.  I can dial my ISP, but when
pppd attempts to establish the connection I get an error reading

LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests.

This message follows a

sent [LCP ConfReq.....

and

last message repeated 9 times

I figure it must be a problem authenticating with the server
which is subsequently ignoring my requests.  I'm going to try
to get some support from my ISP tomorrow (8:30 - 6:00; convenient!).
So far they haven't been much help.  As you can see from the
address the domain is dplus.net if coincidence happens to be
smiling on me.  Sorry for the length.  Dave Moylan