Michael W. Ryan on Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:18:02 -0500 (EST)

Re: Getting one file from an package

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, Martin DiViaio wrote:

> Is it at all possible to get just one file from an RPM package? I've
> read just about all the documentation I can find on RPM and there is no
> mention of it. So, if this isn't possible, is it possible to get rpm to
> install the package in a subdirectory?

Use the utility to convert the RPM to a CPIO (I think it's called
rpm2cpio) and then extract the file with cpio.

Michael W. Ryan               | OTAKON Webmaster
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)