Tony Buser on Sun, 27 Dec 1998 19:03:29 -0500 (EST)

IP masq...

I've never tried using IP masquerading before, I always used socks.
However, I thought I'd try it since I hated having to type "runsocks"
before every program.  I thought I had it working when my linux pc
behind the firewall was working perfectly.  However, my windows pc
isn't.  I was able to get it to ping and traceroute through the
firewall, and I even got ICQ to work through the firewall, however, ftp,
telnet, netscape, IE, IRC, and AOL IM won't work.  FTP and IRC says
error 10061 and netscape says "socket not connected".

Has anyone else seen this or have experience with ip masq?  I followed
the ip masq how-to completely and the server doesn't leave any errors
that could lead me to figureing out what the problem is...

--
gr0k - technofetishist - http://www.juju.org