Kyle Burton on Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:57:47 -0500 (EST)

Something I think we'll all be interested in...

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Eugene Sotirescu wrote:

> It's one petition, Kyle.
> Here's the gist, you might decide whether to bother or not just by reading it.
>

> Therefore, we the undersigned, users of Open Source software and
>               operating systems for business, research, and education, commend
>               evaluation of Open Source applications and operating systems by the
>               Federal Government, and especially by the Federal Technology Service
>               of the General Services Administration (GSA), whenever they are
>               procuring or upgrading operating systems for personal computers,
>               workstations, servers, microcomputers, or minicomputers, in order to
>               secure the above-mentioned benefits for both the Government and the
>               taxpayers.

Go here: http://www.e-thepeople.com/etp/
and search under Internet and Telecommunications.  You'll find the
petition that Eugene is referring to.

Eugene:  Thanks, I found it by searching under the category for Internet &
Telecommunications -- though the url you provided didn't work directly.

I signed it too.  Since this is a cool thing, (and I couldn't find it with
out the previous information) I'm gonna CC the perl-geeks and PLUG mailing
lists.

Thanks for the information, and may we all fight the good fight.

Kyle

Women sometimes forgive a man who forces the opportunity, but never a man who
misses one.
    -- Charles De Talleyrand-Perigord