Roger Scudder on Tue, 5 Jan 1999 22:13:27 -0500 (EST)

Re: Floppy drive woes...

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, David L. Martin wrote:

> Thanks everyone my floppy drive is finally working again.
> I dumped back in to DOS for one more try and ran scandisk.
> No errors...
> When I booted back into LINUX everything worked again.
>
> Man, I really don't understand this one, but at least its over.

Hi David,

When I read your original post I started looking around for
information about what to do if you remove a floppy disk before
unmounting it.  All I could find were statements like, "always
run umount before removing the disk or there could be no end
to problems!".  It seems there are no easy fixes for the trouble
you experienced.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.