I. S. Clavner on Tue, 19 Jan 1999 15:36:39 -0500 (EST)

Re: Using RPMs in Slackware

May I suggest looking at Caldera's web site. They package a
tar-ball version of RPM with some of their software. Wabi
for instance has a tar-ball version of RPM that can be
installed onto Slackware. Then Wabi can be installed using
RPM. The RPM package stays behind usable for other packages!

Beware that RPM itself has some wacky configuration tricks
which made it more of a chore to install RPM than Wabi.

ISC