LeRoy D. Cressy on Mon, 1 Feb 1999 08:06:39 -0500 (EST)

Re: HP 2500Cse

Hi David,

I found this in the Aladdin Ghostscript package.  The following is part
of
the /usr/doc/gs-aladdin/devices.txt.gz file on the version that I am
running.
Doesn't the HP2500 have 4 ink cartridges like the 1200 series?  Before I
upgrade could it be feasable to look around the package documentation
for more
info?

### ------------------- H-P color inkjet printers ----------------------
###
###  (DeskJet 500C, DeskJet 550C, PaintJet, PaintJet XL, PaintJet XL300
###
###  and the DEC LJ250 which can operate in a Paintjet-compatible mode)
###

This section was written by George Cameron.

Information and tips on usage for the drivers contained in gdevcdj.c

OVERVIEW:

There are 6 generic drivers contained in the source module:

     1 - cdj500:      HP DeskJet 500C and 540C
     2 - cdj550:      HP DeskJet 550C, 560C, 660C, 660Cse
     3 - pjxl300:     HP PaintJet XL300 and DeskJet 1200C
     4 - pjtest:      HP PaintJet
     5 - pjxltest:    HP PaintJet XL
     6 - declj250:    DEC LJ250

I also found this web site in the documentation
ftp://ftp.pdb.sni.de/pub/utilities/misc/hpdj.html

David L. Martin wrote:

> I can't find a filter for the 2500Cse, nor a filter for color PCL
> protocol.  I hate color printers anyway, my wife is just going to have to
> like with black and white.  This printer sounds like a accident waiting to
> happen anyway, who ever heard of the damn print resevoir talking back to
> the PC anyhow.
>
> David L. Martin        <dlmarti@njcc.com>
> R&D Software Engineer  http://pluto.njcc.com/~dlmarti
>
> If only you'd use your powers for good instead of evil.

Well, anyway I hope that this brings you a little closer to what you are
looking for.

LeRoy
--
          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037