Martin DiViaio on Mon, 1 Feb 1999 10:36:19 -0500 (EST)

Re: Laplink for Linux?

Joel A. Matz wrote:

> As far as getting your windows desktop in X,  check out VNC -
>
> http://www.orl.co.uk/vnc/
>
> They have the GUI stuff down.  It requires TCP/IP, though, so you need
> to be netowrked to the machine, even if it's through dialup PPP.
>
> They also are GPL'd, so feel free to hack the thing for modem support.
> I'm sure they'd love to put it in the contribs area.
>
> Joel

VNC appears to be what I'm looking for. From what I have read so far it
appears to be able to connect machines through the internet. So, what I
have to figure out now is how to get Win95 to cough up the IP address it
gets assigned when it's connected to the ISP.

--
                    /)-._    Time : Mon Feb  1 10:24:41 1999
                   Y. ' _]