James Chamberlain on Fri, 5 Feb 1999 23:16:27 -0500 (EST)

Number of scsi devices ?

Hi,
	I have a large cdrom jukebox w/ 28 scsi drives in it. Currently it
is split between two NT servers each handle 14 drives on a single scsi
controller that supports 15 LUNs. Do to the drive lettering scheme in NT I
cannot add all of the drives to a single machine w/o expensive software.
This could be an in for linux to my company. How many sdx devices can
linux handle sda .. sdz ? How can I configure that many drives. I would
like to configure them to automount and unmount after 1 minute of
inactivity. Does this sound reasonable? The cdroms are changed about once
a quarter. Could someone explain how you go beyond sdz ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

James
chamberl@magpage.com