Tracy Nelson on Sun, 7 Feb 1999 11:56:49 -0500 (EST)

Re: Number of scsi devices ?

I though that the naming convention was just that -- a convention, and that
all that really mattered was the major/minor device number pair.
Theoretically, you could name your drives anything (/dev/Pookie).  That
being said, I don't know if there are places in the kernal or utilities that
depend on the sd<x> naming convention.  At a minimum, I would think you
could have subdirectories for the various controllers, with the individual
device files (with duplicate names, e.g. /dev/scsi0/sda0 and
/dev/scsi1/sda0) under them.

Cheers!
-- Tracy Nelson