Michael Leone on Thu, 11 Feb 1999 14:20:34 -0500 (EST)

Sendmail question

Hi, I realize this isn't the best forum to ask this question, but somebody
may know the answer, so ...

I have sendmail (not sure of the version - an older version) running on an
RS/6000 running AIX 4.2.1. Since this host does not connect to the
internet, I need to be able to tell sendmail to forward all non-local mail
to my mailserver (a Win95 machine, running Mercury/32).

Am I correct in assuming that I have to edit sendmail.cf, and add a DS line
(to relay the mail)? Anybody the format of this line? Is it
DS:111.222.333.444 (i.e., the IP address of my mailserver)?

Last question: how would I unload sendmail, and then re-load it (so that it
uses the new sendmail.cf)?

Sorry for the clueless questions, and the non-linux nature.