Patola on Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:42:52 -0500 (EST)

Re: [SLL] Stupid, Stupid RAID questions...

> >	single disk? Is the new kernel's RAID actually _software based_
> RAID?

> Unlike some lesser OSes, Linux can do HW RAID (that means yes
> to above) and SW RAID via either LVM or MD. LVM does not yet
> have anything but RAID 0/1 yet... MD has 0-5.

I have read something about MD and RAID arrays, but I do not
know anything about LVM (Logical Volume Manager) on Linux.
How is that? Is it like the LVM in AIX, with a journaled file system?
Could you please expand on this?

Best Regards,

Patola