Martin DiViaio on Fri, 26 Feb 1999 07:59:59 -0500 (EST)

Re: Slow PPP Links

lunchmeat7 wrote:

> i wondered about this, is the mtu sent back as a string from the dhcp
> server ? upon dialup .
> i mean i've seen it some back from when i dial up my isp in minicom but does
> chat really read it ?
> thanx.

As far as I know, the answer is no. Neither chat or pppd receive the mtu
setting from the isp. If left to it's own, mtu is set VERY high and is
worked down until it matches with the server.

--
                    /)-._    Time : Fri Feb 26 07:52:29 1999
                   Y. ' _]