Wayne Eisenberg on Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:23:45 -0500 (EST)

looking for an inkjet printer

Title: looking for an inkjet printer

I'm looking at getting an inkjet printer for my PC at home, which runs Win9x, NT, and Linux. (The Win95 is for the kids, of course. :) ) Has anyone had success using the Epson Stylus Color 640, 740, or 800 under Linux? I've tried calling Epson tech support, and they're absolutely useless. They only know that they work in Windows, maybe it'll work in other OS's, they don't know. The word Linux makes their eyes glaze over or something.

Can anyone help a newbie here?

Thanks,
Wayne