Michael W. Ryan on Fri, 26 Feb 1999 17:01:49 -0500 (EST)

Re: looking for an inkjet printer

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Wayne Eisenberg wrote:

> I'm looking at getting an inkjet printer for my PC at home, which runs
> Win9x, NT, and Linux. (The Win95 is for the kids, of course. :) ) Has anyone
> had success using the Epson Stylus Color 640, 740, or 800 under Linux? I've
> tried calling Epson tech support, and they're absolutely useless. They only
> know that they work in Windows, maybe it'll work in other OS's, they don't
> know. The word Linux makes their eyes glaze over or something.

I'm using an Epson Color Stylus 500 at home without any problems.  Just
make sure you get Ghostscript v5.10 and compile in the right driver for
it.  I believe it's called "cstylus" or something like that.  Just search
the text file describing all the drivers for the word "stylus".

Michael W. Ryan               | OTAKON 1999
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)